Outdoor Ed 2017-2018
Planning for the 2017-2018 Outdoor Education trip is well under way. More details to come soon...
Yearbook Cover Doodle Contest
Calling All Awesome 5th Graders!
All 5th graders are invited to design a Yearbook Cover Doodle for the 2017-2018 Alisal yearbook. CLICK HERE
to read about the guidelines for the yearbook cover contest. We are very excited to see the students doodles!
Please have your student turn in their doodle by Friday, September 22nd
. If students have any questions about the contest, please have them email AlisalYearbook@gmail.com.
For fifth graders, the last year at Alisal is a very special time. In order to celebrate this awesome year, the Alisal yearbook committee dedicates a section called Bear Hugs to the 5th graders. Each Bear Hug contains a congratulatory message and special photo. In order to make each Bear Hug meaningful, we encourage families to take a few minutes to write a special note and submit a cute photo of your child. Below are guidelines for creating and submitting your child’s Bear Hug. And, best of all…Bear Hugs are FREE.
Guidelines for Bear Hug Submissions
- Bear Hug Message: The message must be 50 words or less.
- Bear Hug Digital Photo: The digital photo must be in jpeg format. If you are scanning your photo, please be sure your scanner is set to at least 600dpi.
- Submission Instructions: Please email your Bear Hug message and digital photo to YearbookAlisal@gmail.com. Include the following in the subject line of your email: Bear Hugs, Teacher’s Name, Student’s Full Name.
- Due Date: Please email your Bear Hug submission by Friday, September 29, 2017.
- Additional Information: The yearbook committee reviews all photos, determines final yearbook content, and may also edit or shorten messages as needed. Bear Hug entries are limited to one photo and one message of 50 words or less.
If you are not familiar with Bear Hugs, here are some ideas and tips to get you started:
- Congratulations on completing elementary school
- Ways your child is special
- How your child has grown
- Accomplishments and/or why you are proud of your child
- Good luck wishes for middle school
- Feel free to write anything meaningful to you and your child!
- Photo: Some parents choose to submit a baby or toddler picture, while others submit a more recent photo.
Our goal is to include a Bear Hug for every 5th grader. If you do not submit a Bear Hug by the deadline, then the yearbook committee will create a Bear Hug, take a photo and write a message, for your child. If you do not want your child in the Bear Hugs section or if you have any questions please contact Saralynn Ness: YearbookAlisal@gmail.com
The Yearbook Committee