Art in Action
What is Art in Action?
Art in Action is a K-5 visual art program at Alisal. All students attend Art in Action with their class once a month. In Art in Action, students:
- Learn about works of art from around the world
- Understand art vocabulary and concepts
- Create their own unique masterpieces
- Experiment with paint, oil pastel, chalk pastel, charcoal, watercolor, clay, ink, collage, and sculpture
Volunteer to teach Art in Action
Art in Action classes:
- Rely 100% on parent volunteers to teach and assist
- 1 lesson per month (September-May)
- 1.5-2 hours including set up and clean up
- Easy to prepare: All art materials are provided
- Easy to teach — online step-by-step instruction is available as well as trainings offered at school by other parent volunteers
- FUN! You will love teaching and being part of your students' art education
You DO NOT need to be an artist to teach or assist with Art in Action in your child's class!
To volunteer, look for the Art in Action sign up sheet in your child's classroom at Back to School night in the fall or email the Art in Action volunteer coordinator.